Monday, February 16, 2009

2 bags, 2 jackets and an awful lot of pockets


Chatwin's 'Anatomy of Restlessness' and the photobook of Patagonia are just there for the show, but the rest is all going with me. (Well, ok, not the chair then.) The blue/grey day rucksack with the straps sown on to hold my fleece sleeping bag (with seperate silk lining, weighs almost nothing) underneath is just inside the official measurements (40 x 55 x 20 cm) for hand luggage so I hope that I can take it on board without a problem. Means I can't take a penknife but ach, I can buy one when I get there. As well as this Iberia allows an extra 'ladies handbag' and I'm pretty sure my wee leather rucksack qualifies. The item I'm most pleased with is the sleeveless Jackpot jacket (the logo seen on the photo is on the inside) with the extra big book pockets I sewed into the inside. Ideal for all the maps and tourist information folders that you always acquire when travelling. Now I just have to remember which of the 9 pockets of my 2 jackets I have my passport and my tickets in and I should be fine... Oh, forgot to say, printed out my boarding card this morning! Yes, yes, I know this is old hat to all you frequent flyers but most of my travels involve nothing more complicated than a car and a dog and I'd never done this miraculous thing before. I love the idea that I've chosen my seats already on both flights and can just swan through the check-in area without having to deal with too many queues and argumentative airport machines.