Monday, February 16, 2009

Yet more books

There was still room for a few books in my bags/pockets. The Spanish phrase book is very thin but could be vital if I can't find the right words at the right moment. The dual language Joyce is even thinner but as I read Spanish at the speed of a dyslexic 3 year old it could at least save me from the horror of finding myself stuck somewhere with nothing to read. And then there's the lovely old edition of Darwin's 'Voyage of the Beagle'. (If you click on the photo you can see the details better.) There's a lot of Darwin related programmes on the radio at the moment since it's 200 years since his birth. I'd been thinking of maybe reading something of his, since he spent a lot of time in the area, so I was delighted when I was presented with this one as a leaving present. (I've given it a clear plastic cover to protect it, as it would be a shame if it got into the same state that some previous 'rucksack books' have had to suffer...) Ok, that's all the book stuff - see next blog for the full baggage story. (No-one actually died of boredom yet?)