Friday, February 27, 2009

Superstitious, Moi??


Anyone who´s ever witnessed how I automatically swipe a pair of new shoes from the table if anyone is daft enough to put them there in my company will know that I´m not entirely devoid of superstition. So here is a close-up view of my ´protectors´ during this journey. The angel hangs from one of the zips on my ´big´ rucksack. The fold up kitsch St Christopher is around the strap of my small leather rucksack. The onyx hanger I bought in Ushuaia because it´s good to take a stone from the furthest point of your journey (and I felt my hippouch thing needed some protection too). The charm bracelet is one I got from my Canadian auntie when I was 14. I used to hate it because for years I got another charm for it for my birthday (when I would have propably preferred something else). Most of the other charms have long been given away or used in some dubious experiment to see how long they could preserve drinking water (based on the theory that cowboys used to put a silver dollar in their drinking bottles to keep the water drinkable). But the horseshoe was still attached and I´ve now hung another stone on it and had the safety chain repaired (see earlier Ushuaia blog) so I feel it has some ´use´ to me now.