Thursday, March 26, 2009

Buenos Aires by bike





















Got to borrow a bike from the hostel across the road yesterday and had a great day cycling about the city. In between my visit to the Iberia offices to confirm my flight home (which wasn´t necessary after all despite the advice from Cheapotickets.nl that it was) and looking up theatres I saw various people with whole hordes of dogs on leads. It´s quite something to see dogs on leads again after all the roaming strays of Patagonia and these were a lot of dogs. After a while came across the park where they all congregate and are let out in smaller groups in a fenced off area. More photos, including of course yet another Max, to come. (I had to wait for Max the WonderWeimer to die before making this trip but he´s still following me around, even after I'd discarded the tiny bits of his remains I brought with me :-) More about the last photo later as that´s more a part of today´s ´programme´. I got caught up in a protest march at one point and also cycled through the harbour area and a bit of a nature park bordering on it, which is wonderfully green and peaceful after the traffic chaos of the city.


In the evening to Eva, which was very well done as a piece of theatre with lots of good use of archive film and creative scene changes but nothing spectacular. Ah well, at least it gave me a chance to wear my best frock, which had been hanging in my showerroom for 2 days to decrease it after a month in the corner of my rucksack. Really enjoyed the walk home, via 2 still open bookshops, bought a book and a cd at almost midnight, which was a novelty in itself really.