Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Heading East

With tonight´s bus (departing in an hour from now) I really have the feeling that I´m on my way home somehow... Tomorrow morning I´ll be almost on the east coast and from there Buenos Aires is only one bus away. Till now my journey has been based on various random decisions based on things I´ve heard on the way (and my own vague starting plan of course). But now there´s only one way for it to go really. Which is fine really but I can´t help noticing that there´s been a switch thrown in my head. I´ve started thinking about Things To Be Done when I get back; phones and keys and cars and work appointments. All things I´ve not had to give much thought to over the last weeks. Or maybe I´ve just spent too much time wandering about thinking today - yesterday I was far too busy with counting the minutes I could keep on cycling to get me over the next ´impossible´ hill to think about anything much.

Oh, yes, another thing. I´ve had mails from various people about what a shame it is that I´ve dislocated (I´m sure there´s a better word for this but can´t come up with it right now) the comments function on the blog. Well to be honest it´s mainly because I don´t really like ´having public conversations´ via an open forum. If anyone wants to comment they can do so privately by mail. I don´t want people ´chattering in the margins´ of mY blog! So now you know! ;-) Send me a mail to complain if you must but that´s how it´s going to stay.