Saturday, March 21, 2009

Horses and tigers

I suspect I stink of both. Just a quick post before I go and shower and leave the puter to the rest of the waiting vultures. (Tip - free internet access at the hostel usually means a few minutes if you're lucky - it's better just to pay for it in a place elsewhere and have peace.)
Anyway, galloped across, if not actually the pampa, at least a fair bit of sandy path with Patagonian mountains as background, so that was one of my missions of this journey more or less fulfilled. The tigers were at the circus in the evening... yes, yes, I know, I know and as a fully paid up member of the Dierenbescherming (Animal Protection) I would nEver go to a circus with animals at home, but I was passing and, well I was curious how such things are here so I went in. More tomorrow as a lot of the day will be spent waiting for the bus north so time enough to choose a few comfortable c@fes and see if I can upload some photos.