Friday, March 6, 2009

Parque Nacional Torres Del Paine

My favourite pic is the 3rd one. The wind is howling and blowing the snow and clouds off the top of the mountain. Sometimes I felt tiny pieces of snow in the air which had been blown down from the top, where the wind was no doubt even stronger than down by the lake. I also like the one of my wee girly rucksack in between all the big tough proper hikers packs. I was sO glad I didn't have 5 days foodshopping and a tent and cooking stuff with me when I was trudging along up and down the hilly paths.





Hmm, just somehow lost the bit of text I'd written for this, ah well, more later maybe. Here are the pictures anyway for now...

(Think I've just accidentally figured out how to put text in between the photos...) There's always one who gets stuck in the sand... and there are always lots of people who stand around giving advice as to how to get unstuck.







These were my first glimpses of icebergs. The first one I saw I thought it was some sort of conceptual art - the blue colour looked so unnatural. It wasn't till the next couple came into view that I realised they were broken off bits of glacier.