Sunday, March 8, 2009

Miss Patagonian Sheep










On the way to the cemetery this morning I walked too far up one street and came to the sea so turned left and found myself at the back of a racecourse. Thinking there might be some horsey activities going on I kept looking through the holes in the fence but not much sign of life apart from the odd grazing beast in the middle of the fairly neglected looking track. But after a while I saw a lot of people going through a gate so followed them in. There was a sign saying entrance was 500 pesos (about 80 euro cent) but no-one around to take it yet. Things were just getting started for a day of sheep judging. Or possibly shearing. I didn´t stay long enough to find out. There was a lot of competition in the air anyway. The brass band were definitely getting ready to start the procedings (which I thought was a good time to leave).